Monday, October 20, 2008

World Series

The Rays have the momentum right now, but are they spent after such a draining series against Boston? The Phillies are well rested, but at this point are they too well rested? The American League team is almost always stronger than the comparable National League team it gets matched up with. This has been true since about 1990. But the Phillies have been the most solid team this entire post season. So where do you go on this one?

I guess the thing to do is a point-by-point analysis. See how the two teams compare in terms of pitching and hitting, even see how position players match up against one another. Since I have a day job and it isn't with ESPN or Yahoo Sports I'm not going to bother with any of that and just go ahead and say Rays in six. But I'm just not sure on this one.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I don't know who is gonna win, but I'm hoping its the Dodgers. And if they don't win I'll take the Rays in 7.