Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Playoffs

So, the baseball post-season is here again. My hope this year is for a Dodgers-Angels World Series but that seems unlikely to happen. Here are my predictions for the first round:

Phillies-Brewers: *snore* Wow, who cares? Are there any two more boring teams in the league than these? Oh that's right I forgot about the Royals. Anyway, Philadelphia won Game 1 at home tonight so I'm going to go with Philadelphia in 5.

Cubs-Dodgers: Dodgers took Game 1 at Wrigley. Not a good sign. I think Cubs fans may have to wait until 2108 for another shot at the Series. L.A. in 4

Angels-Red Sox: Playing Game 1 as I write this. Sox are up 2-1 in the 7th at Anaheim. I still have to go with the Angels, simply because they're the best team in baseball right now. Angels in 5.

Devil Rays-White Sox: I can't take the Devil Rays seriously for some reason. They seem like the Mighty Ducks of baseball. But you have to give them credit for winning the most competitive division this year. Tampa Bay in 5.

2 comments:

Bryan CastaƱeda said...

Dodgers win but the damned Angels drop their first at home. Not good.

I'm still worried about the Yanks and Mets, though.

Oh, wait...

(Sorry. I know it's obvious but I can't resist.)

John said...

Believe me, I have no love for either New York team. I'm slowing becoming a Red Sox fan, however. Except of course when they're playing the Angels.