Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cocaine is Bad For You

If you lived in Southern California in the early '80s and wanted to spend $500 on a VCR the size of a microwave oven, where could you go?

The answer was simple: to The Federated Group.

Federated was an audio/video chain that is only noteworthy for having had frenetic, surreal commercials starring Shadoe Stevens as fictional company spokesperson Fred Rated. I loved these commercials when I was little and I like to think they informed my incredibly sharp and unique sense of humor as I got older.

3 comments:

Bryan CastaƱeda said...

I remember these commercials, too. Speaking of The Federated Group, remember the store Fedco?

Michael said...

I can remember drooling over nintendo games at fedco.

John said...

I remember Fedco. I have to think Circuit City is what put away all these places.