Tuesday, November 18, 2008

People are Getting Taller

Vince Vaughn and John Cleese are 6’5”

Penn Jillette and Ryan Stiles are 6’6”

Tony Robbins and Krist Novoselic are 6’7”

Brad Garrett is 6’8”

Until very recently Michael Crichton was 6’9”

And Randy Johnson is 6’10”



I spend a good part of my working day walking between homes in New York City. Therefore, I walk past a lot of people. I'd say at least once a day I walk past a woman who is well over six feet tall and a high school-aged kid who is at least 6'6". I'm an inch taller than my father, who was seven inches taller than his own father. If I have any sons they'll probably be taller than me since both my wife's father and brother are taller than I am.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Can you imagine going up to bat against The Big Unit in his prime?

He's not only a giant, but he is one of the ugliest guys I've ever seen. And he throws in the high 90's. And he's a lefty.

Wattsian said...

John, add an RSS feed to this page so I can follow it with Google Reader.